Welcome to a brand-new exciting opportunity for young people to explore their creativity.
Lunchbox Theatre presents an online monologue competition for under 18s. Family, friends and fans vote for their favorite video on Lunchbox Theatre’s website.
Wikipedia describes a monologue as “a speech presented by a single character, most often to express their mental thoughts aloud, though sometimes also to directly address another character or the audience”
The competition is open to all under 18s and calls on them to write and film a 1-minute monologue on any age appropriate topic they choose.
Entries open from 10th July and close on 22nd July.
Voting opens on 27th July when all videos will be live. All the entrants will have the chance to share the video link from Lunchbox Theatre’s website to their friends and family. The video with the most votes at 8pm on the 16th August will be declared the winner and receive R1000 in prize money. Each person that votes will enter a draw for a R500 prize.
- All entrants must be under 18 years of age
- Only 1 entry per person
- Monologue must be between 45 seconds and 1 minute.
- All monologues must be original and written by the entrant.
- Monologues may be in any language.
- Entrants are encouraged to use costume and props where applicable.
- The monologue must be submitted as a video via WhatsApp to 083 423 0083
- Submission of entries open on 10th July 2020
- Entries close on 22nd July 2020
- Videos will be live for voting on Lunchbox Theatre’ website on 27th July
- Competition closes on 16th August 2020 at 8pm
- The video with the most votes on Lunchbox Theatre’s website at 8pm on 16th August 2020 will win the R1000
- Results will be posted on Lunchbox Theatre Facebook page on 17th August at 8am
- Parents and / or Guardians must give consent for Lunchbox Theatre to use the images and video on social media and online channels related to the competition.
For any further enquiries please call Stuart 083 423 0083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org