AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES PROGRAM
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROJECT:
- Develop performing arts skills among rural / underprivileged youth
- Empower the youth through valuable life skills
- Enrich the lives of youth in underprivileged communities through after school programs
- Provide employment for performing arts facilitators in rural / underprivileged communities
Learners attend weekly 1 hour classes with a showcase every 2nd term.
The learners develop theatre / acting skills and skills in various dance forms
Alongside the practical skills they pick up they also gather valuable life skills including:
- team work
- And most importantly self confidence and motivation.
Our workshop facilitators all come from the communities where the classes are held and act as mentors and role models for the youth in attendance.
We offer a wide range of tailor made workshops to cater for all situations. Perfect for human resource enhancement.
Workshops include curriculum based workshops, team building, teacher training, conflict resolution, alternate exploration of themes, forum theatre, improvisation and skills transfer.